This week I gave my little monster a bit of hair and some horns. He seemed like such an amorphous lump and I decided he needed a little more character. I had tried to keep him simple so his feet would stand out, but he needed more character so he didn't look like a green eggplant:
I also did a little more sculpting of models. I got some armature wire and built a simple armature for a revised monster sculpture:
and smooshed together six kneaded erasers and started a crude sculpture of my monkey knight:
I also worked on adding value to this piece:
and I worked on another manuscript and dummy. I've got four different stories in various stages and I keep going back and forth trying to decide which I should give my time to right now. There just aren't enough hours in the day for everything I want to do. I seriously need a time machine.
I got my postcard on Friday, the one that was part of the mailing of 150+ cards I sent to the names on my mailing list. My fingers are crossed that that I get a little bit of traffic to my site from it. I'm not expecting to get work from one mailing, but I hope people like it enough to want to see more.
That's about it for this week. See you next week!